The big goal for this blog by the middle of next week is to put up my list of the top 20 films of the last decade. I got the idea thanks to my friend Melissa(her blog is linked over to the right), who’ll be doing her top albums of the last decade. So be on the look out, oh and I’ll also be working on a webcomic over break that I will post here. Now, time for some music.
- “If I put my hand out would you put yours in mine? All of our answers questioned in time.” Closer to You by Young Love. This is just an incredibly catchy song.
- “Tear apart the part, we seem to think we are! Call off work let’s lay! Call it Lovers Day!” Lover’s Day by TV on the Radio. One of my favorite songs by them, it reminds me of the book Narcissus and Goldmund.
- “Baby, our city’s on fire. Don’t you know it’s going to be alright.
Well alright, alright, alright” On Fire by Phoenix. Sounds like a new Queen song.
- “I could follow you to the beginning, just to relive the start.Maybe then we’d remember to slow down, at all of our favorite parts” All I Wanted by Paramore. Now this song as a whole is alright, but at about 2.40 into the song her vocals make the whole song worth while and will blow you away. Trust me.
- “Meet me in outer space. We could spend the night, watch the earth come up” Stellar (acoustic) by Incubus. Always find their lyrics to be incredibly poetic and beautiful.