This weeks lyrics are based upon songs I’ve heard so far while on my vacation. The 1st three are from my stay at my Pops place in GA where a half inch of snow was more than enough to have kept us from leaving the house. So he and I sat around drinking and watching music DVDs.
- “Where is my mind? Way out in the water, see it swimming?” Where is My Mind? (Pixies cover) by James Blunt. Actually a pretty damn good cover of the original.
- “I’ve got a feeling that keeps me on my toes.Oh yeah” I’ve Got a Feeling by The Beatles. Finally watched the Let It Be documentary and really enjoyed this one live.
- “It’s a big enough umbrella. But it’s always me that ends up getting wet.” Seven Days by Sting. I always enjoy listening to Sting with my Pops, it reminds me of being a kid again. I also am a huge fan of the story and how its told in this song.
- “Everything that happens is from now on” re:stacks by Bon Iver. This was the band I attempted to get my dad into as we drove to the airport.
- “Honey I know, I know, I know times are changing. It’s time we all reach out for something new. That means you too” Purple Rain by Prince. Just saw this movie for the first time last night, all I wanted to say the whole time was “GO 80’s!”.